Unique Therapy Combination
We know that our patients come to us so that they can return to their loved ones as quickly as possible. That is where our commitment lies – to ensure that you return to your normal life in the shortest time possible.
While many treatment centers focus on trauma, we know that centering on the present moment helps our patients recover faster so they can return to their loved ones healed and whole. We meet our patients wherever they are on the journey to sobriety and help them from there. As such, we blend principles from AA and other 12-Step programs combined with the best techniques from modern methods.
Because each patient is unique, we can combine meditation with family system approach to treatment for one person while we mix principles from co-ed rehab, midlife adult treatment, music therapy, and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) for another individual. The goal is to equip you with the tools and techniques to resume your life quickly and responsibly.
We ensure that our patients enjoy different fun activities every other day such as AA meetings, beach trips, family dinners, hiking, bowling, and trips to explore the city.
This is a peer-based mutual help program designed to assist patients in overcoming substance abuse. The “12-Steps” are 12 guiding principles that highlight how people can overcome substance use dependence, avoid triggers, and lead healthy and fruitful lives.
Co-Ed Group Therapy
Like the 12-Step Model, our co-ed rehab is a group-based form of therapy. As opposed to single-sex treatments, individuals of both male and female genders are given therapy together in a group setting. It helps some people recover faster as it presents real-world views, broadens patients’ perspectives, and improves social skills.
This process provides mental healthcare services to our patients from a distance through technology. We implement telehealth measures after evaluating an individual’s unique situation and if our team sees that they do not need to be placed under constant care. Telehealth is especially useful for professionals who might not have time to physically visit our facility.
Here are the remaining therapies our patients can enjoy at Essence Health & Wellness:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment
- Educational Support & Guidance (GED or College)
- Experiential Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family System Approach to Treatment
- Hard Reduction Techniques
- LGBT/Gay Friendly
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Midlife Adult Treatment
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Nutritional Support & Counseling (Cooking/Nutritional Classes Offered)
- Nutritional Support & Counseling (Chef On-Site)
- Nutritional Support & Counseling (Dietitian On-Site)
- Outdoor Adventure Therapy
- Psychoeducational Groups
- PTSD Therapy
- SMART Recovery
- Trauma-Focused Therapies
- Traumatic Incident Reduction Therapy (TIR)
- Vocational Training & Support